The International Association of Professional Birth Photographers have announced the winners of their 2017 photo contest!
I know, I didn’t know you could be a professional birth photographer either! I’m barely a professional anything!
But nevertheless, the photos they chose give a clue about that the struggles mothers go through to bring new life into the world, and many of them focus on the sheer joy that follows.
So here are some of our favorites! Be warned, some of these photos get a little gooey in places, so if you’re of a nervous disposition, look away now. It’s the most miraculous thing in the world though, and just nature taking its course!
1. Did the photographer just hitch a ride with them?
If you ever need to convince your husband that childbirth is the most painful thing in the world, just show him this picture! That’ll do it!
2. Look at that pink little thing
Mom looks so relieved, but then again, I’ll bet everyone looks pretty relieved when they realise that the whole birth thing is finally over!
3. Like a duck to water
Look at that little face, you can tell they’re going to be a sassy character! I’m ready for my close up, Mom!
4. You can really get a sense of the relief and ecstacy of birth in this shot
It’s photos like this that really capture what it’s like to be there in the moment with the new parents.
5. Get warm and dry little one!
Everything in this shot looks so comfortable and soft, apart from the umbilical cord. How amazing!
6. That look! This little one knows where the camera is already!
Give them a few years and they’ll be taking selfies like they were born to do it! #nofilter, that cuteness is all natural!
7. The joy on her face is just priceless
Look at all the help and support around her, so comforting. And she looks so happy, she’ll remember this moment for the rest of her life!
8. Tears of joy!
I love how the baby is blurry in the background, so that all the focus is on mom.
9. That little guy really didn’t want to go through all that!
I guess neither did mom, but she’ll sure be glad that she did.
10. They both look pretty unsure about the whole situation
This little guy looks a little uncertain about being a big brother, but they’ll grow to love each other in no time… and then they’ll fight like cat and dog until they’ve left high school!
11. I love how symmetrical everything looks here
A talented photographer’s eye saw this image and went with it! Look at those little toes, that’s the most adorable thing you’ll see all day!
12. I’m not crying, YOU’RE crying!
Ah screw it, everybody cry together! Somebody bring the tissues, we’re gonna need at least a box each!
13. Three generations of one family are all in this one photo!
Grandma is getting her first glimpse of her grandchild, how wonderful.
14. She definitely did good and now it’s time to rest.
Now this mom has her whole family all around her! What more could anybody ask for? She’s waited for this for 9 whole months!
15. This soothing image is such a peaceful and tranquil-looking photo
Now that all the hard work is over, the next few months and years should be a breeze! Plain sailing, right… right?
16. The joy on both of these surrogate parents’ faces is breathtaking
I wonder if the birth mom is making the same expression. Probably not, I’m guessing.
17. This black and white photo of a water birth is simply stunning!
Baby’s about to take their first breath out in the world! Careful Mom, or some rock band will be using this shot as their next album cover!
18. Wow, the joy on this new mom’s face is just mind-blowing
You know she’ll keep this photo in the family album for years. The happiness is contagious! It perfectly captures how it feels to meet your little one for the very first time.
19. This photo depicts such a serene scene!
This is the calm after the storm. The screaming and crying is over and now it’s time for a little nap. Honestly, they look to peaceful that they’re making me want to take a nap too!
20. Should’ve gone with the full face visor, doc!
This photo won the best in category award for delivery and you can definitely see why! That’s an action shot if I’ve ever seen one.
21. This won best in category for ‘Birth Details’ and we can see why!
And… well… it sure is detailed, right? Everything down to umbilical cord is right there for you to see!
Whatever your thoughts on the miracle of life we would love to hear from you with a COMMENT! Don’t forget to SHARE this article with your friends and family if you enjoyed it!
Source : AuntyAcid