Here’s the thing about Margot Robbie: she is EVERYTHING right now. She is seriously a gem from down under that has graced Hollywood with her charm. She’s one of the lucky few stars who get their big break early on and there’s no going back. With major movies like The Wolf of Wall Street and Suicide Squad under her belt, there’s no doubt that an Oscar is headed her way sometime very soon! Here’s everything you need to know about this A-lister in the making.
1. Margot is an Australian native and began her acting career at 17 years old. Before that, she worked three jobs to help support her family.
2. She moved to Los Angeles when she was 21 and landed a role on Pam Am alongside Christina Ricci. Unfortunately the show was cancelled after one season.
3. Her first Hollywood film ever was About Time, which also starred Rachel McAdams and Domhnall Gleeson.
Not a bad way to kick off your acting career.
4. Margot says her style is definitely tomboy. She loves to just be casual in a pair of jeans and sneakers.
5. She says, “I’m happiest when I’m surfing or out on the farm hunting wild pigs, building cubbies out in the paddocks or riding around on motorbikes.”
Is that not the most Australian sentence ever?
6. In December of 2016, she married her boyfriend Tom Ackerley in a private ceremony. It definitely took a lot of people by surprise!
7. She landed the part of Naomi in The Wolf of Wall Street while she was still relatively unknown. This is the role that skyrocketed her acting career.
The Daily Beast
8. The scene in the movie where she appears fully naked in front of Leo was actually supposed to have her just in a robe. It was Margot’s idea to go nude instead because she wanted the character to appear more realistic.
Hot 2 Molly
9. She was so nervous for her sex scene with Leo that she took three shots of tequila at nine in the morning!
10. She wanted to stand out during her audition, so to do so, she actually slapped Leo across the face while acting out the fighting scene. He thought it was great and told her to do it again!
YouTube | FilmTrailerZone
11. She’s appeared as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad alongside Will Smith and Jared Leto. She tattooed the word “SKWAD” on most of the cast members.
Pinterest | instagram.com
12. There’s actually a 19-year age gap between Margot and her on-screen love Jared Leto.
13. Suicide Squad wasn’t the first time she’s starred alongside Will Smith. They also appeared together in Focus.
14. She played Jane in The Legend of Tarzan and refused to lose weight for the role. She said that she wanted to go drink in all the pubs since it was her first time filming in England.
15. She turned down Playboy Magazine because she’s “put her family through enough.” They didn’t even like seeing her nude in The Wolf of Wall Street!
16. She’s competed against Emma Stone for many different roles, including The Legend of Tarzan and Birdman.
17. She’s usually very good at covering up her Australian accent, but she has said that the one word she always has a hard time saying correctly is “home.”
YouTube | Vanity Fair
18. She doesn’t like that some people label her as a “bombshell” because she doesn’t want to be reduced to the cliché that comes along with that title.
19. She loves pianos and says that she always has the urge to play every time she sees one.
We would love to hear that!
20. She loves to fly and even enjoys the airplane food. Which obviously makes her a rare breed.
21. When she was a child, she took circus classes and even earned a trapeze certificate. These skills really helped her for her Harley Quinn role.
22. She has said that the ’60s are her favorite decade. She loves everything about it, including the women’s movement, the fashion, and even the hair.
23. When it comes to red carpet events, she loves the getting ready part way more than the actual event. It’s when she steps out all “done up” that people recognize her and stop her in the streets.
That could get annoying!
SHARE if you’re a fan of Margot Robbie!
Source : Diply