Mom shares graphic photo of her injury to warn others about being careless while babywearing.

A young mother named Molly Landis is going viral with a sobering post warning other moms not to put their babies at risk without even realizing it—just like she did. Like many moms, Landis frequently goes about her household business while wearing her baby in a wrap carrier. She never thought anything of it, until the day a freak kitchen accident sent her to the hospital with severe burns.

By sheer luck, she wasn’t wearing her baby at the time, but the knowledge of what could have happened haunts her. A normally private person, Landis felt herself compelled to share her story, along with a disturbing image, on social media as a cautionary tale for parents everywhere.

Warning: graphic image below.

Landis’s post reads:

I don’t normally post this kind of stuff or personal information but after sharing this story with close friends I am urged to share this story. On Tuesday I was involved in an accident where my stove burner exploded and sent a fire ball to my face, neck and chest. This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest. Yes, this is horrible and painful but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about how lucky I truly am. As a new mom I often wear my sweet 4 week old in my wrap carrier (we know we all love being hands free especially with a needy babe)..on this particular night a guardian angel was watching over me and my baby bc for the first time in her life she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn’t wearing her while I was in the kitchen. The worst of my burns is to my chest- exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier. The point of my message is to pleaseeeee be cautious of the activities we do while wearing our babies! Since this happened I have had so many moms say “omg, I do that all the time” .. we never think it could happen to us and I never thought it would happen to me. So grateful she wasn’t near the explosion.

Landis’s post is so upsetting because she was not being negligent as a mother—quite the opposite. Her mistake was one many parents make every day without ever realizing it. But sharing her story, and her extremely personal photo, is a display of bravery and selflessness that is truly impressive. She must be a great mom.

And her message isn’t going unheard. Her post has been shared on Facebook more than 20,000 times, and received more than 13,000 likes. And while some of the comments are horribly judgmental (because it’s the internet, duh), most parents are fully supportive. They understand the shame and fear all parents have, constantly wondering if they’re doing everything they can to protect their children. And now, Molly Landis is doing her part to protect strangers’ kids, too.

Source : Someecards

NEXT POST
SHARE