Apple iOS 16.4 update was released earlier this week for iPhone 8 and later models. This iPhone update includes new features, bug fixes, and security updates but also has a fair share of bugs, problems, and new issues!
The beta testing for iOS 16.4 update started on 16 February 2023. The beta testing was smooth for the most part. However, after the update was released, some users haven’t found it all that smooth and have shared their problems on Twitter.
Battery Draining Issue on iPhone 13 after iOS 16.4 Update:
Problem with Phone calls on iPhone 12 and other devices:
Notification Centre bugs on iPhone 14 and other iPhones:
Low Battery Life Issues on iPhone X and other devices:
Call issues on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro:
Notification issues on iPhone 13 Mini and other iPhones
Weather App Glitches:
More Battery Issues on iPad:
Charging problems on 13 Pro Max after the iOS 16.4 update:
What’s the solution? Can we revert back to the previous iOS version?
Unfortunately, all iPhone updates are permanent. One cannot uninstall an iOS update. But that being said, iPhone customer care is quite active on Twitter and the apple website. The solution is to share bug reports with apple and wait for them to patch it through a minor update. Alternatively, one can share their issue on Twitter and Reddit and hope the community helps solve the issue. Sometimes the good ol’ reboot does the trick as well.
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- 21 new emoji including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available on the emoji keyboard
- Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
- Voice Isolation for cellular calls prioritizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you
- Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
- Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
- Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
- Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
- Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
Many are happy with the iOS 16.4 update for iPhone, and the best new feature is the voice isolation over cellular calls.